- Dates are considered the oldest cultivated fruit in the world, tracing back to 6000 B.C.
- The word “date” is derived from the Greek word for “finger” (dáktulos), a nod to its elongated shape.
- Date palms were a symbol of victory in the Roman empire.
- In Morocco, the softer and sweeter Medjool dates were reserved only for the royalty and guests earning them the moniker “king of dates.”
- Date palms can grow to 75 feet tall,
- One date tree can produce 200 to 300 pounds (roughly 10,000 dates) in one harvest season,
- Medjool dates have delicate skin and must be harvested by hand.
- Dates are cultivated around the world in tropic and semi-tropical areas.
- California grows ninety-five percent of Medjool dates in the United States.
- Dates are considered a fresh fruit, not dried.
1 Minute Read
Shop Our Online Store Today
Joolies organic medjool dates are available in 14 oz. Whole and 11oz. Pitted organic dates at an affordable SRP of $8.99. Joolies also carries single-origin Organic Medjool Date Syrup available for SRP $9.99.