Assuming you clicked on this solely because it has bacon, you're in luck. These bacon wrapped dates are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, plus, it's unique filling will be eaten up in seconds...the best appetizer!
Say hello to your new favorite appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates😛These are FULL OF FLAVOR—you get the best of both sweet and savory worlds with these little gems. All you need are 5 simple ingredients to make these flavor bombs, which happen to be gluten-free and can be made dairy-free🙌 The medjool dates get extra caramel-y after popping them into the oven and the crispy bacon adds the perfect crunch.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies Pitted Dates
- Cream Cheese
- This adds a great creamy texture and also cuts the heat from the jalapeños! You can also use a dairy-free cheese if you so desire. We really love Miyoko's vegan cream cheese as an alternative for the same thickness and flavor.
- We like to keep it hot and spicy and these little peppers add a nice kick without making you cry😆If you need more heat, swap these out for a spicier pepper! Feel free to remove these from the recipe if it ever is too much for your spice tolerance.
- Apricot Jam
- If you don't have apricot jam on hand, you can substitute an orange or strawberry or whatever you got on hand. You can always make your own with less sugar or additives if that's how you roll! Here's a paleo jam recipe for your convenience ✨
- Now...we need something to wrap up our delicious stuffed dates, so grab a piece of uncooked bacon and stick with a toothpick to hold it all together. The natural fat from the bacon is just an indescribable, delicious taste in combo with the date 💕
- If you're looking for an extra crunch, almonds are the solution! Almonds, bacon, dates, and cream cheese are all just a match made in heaven. This is a classic add-in for some bacon stuffed dates 🐷
If you make this sweet-n-savory recipe, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!