Recipe courtesy of our CEO's friend, Disha
Just when you thought cake couldn't get any better...adding Joolies will blow your freaking mind. Not only do they had an incredible flavor, but the perfect level of moistness that makes this cake melt in your mouth. A warm piece is perfect with a cup of coffee for breakfast, dessert, or really any time! Top with some butter or enjoy it naked😉
This recipe is fairly simple, egg-less, and the only prep work required is chopping up Joolies and setting the butter out to achieve room temp! You can make this cake gluten-free but keep in mind the texture may be slightly different. Take a peak at the star ingredients below!
What all goes into this deliciously moist date cake? Here are the main ingredients you need:
- Joolies Dates
- It's super important that you chop these up and soak in milk first! Why soak them? Well while they are juicy beforehand, this step allows them to become extra-hydrated to create a deliciously moist cake.
- Condensed Milk
- This adds a moisture, flavor, and sweetness into the cake! Don't have any on hand? No worries you can make your own: https://addapinch.com/homemade-sweetened-condensed-milk-recipe/
- Set this out beforehand, so it can reach room temperature--you want it this temp so it can properly cream with the sugar to create a fluffy cake!
- If you don't have walnuts on hand, you can substitute with pecans or pumpkin seeds (for nut-free).
- All-purpose Flour
- Joolies Dates
- We need flour for our cake or else that would be one sad dessert😂 If you are gluten-free, you can substitute with a 1:1 gluten-free flour (note: the texture may vary if you substitute)
If you make this sweet dessert, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!