These peanut butter buckeyes are made with wholesome ingredients and are naturally sweetened with medjool dates for a healthier spin on this classic holiday treat! Vegan, gluten-free, and 100% decadent.
What do you get when you pair Joolies dates with nut butter? ENDLESS possibilities for deliciousness! If you've made a good bit of gluten-free and/or vegan recipes, you know how nut butter and dates are a common substitution for ingredients like butter, refined sugar, etc. We've teamed up with our nutty friends Georgia Grinders to bring you healthier versions of classic favorites for this holiday season🎄🍫✨
Peanut butter and chocolate go together like...well you know...just perfectly! Peanut butter buckeyes are a decadent holiday favorite, yet sweetened with all the refined sugar...so we kicked the powdered sugar to the curb and naturally sweetened them with our medjool date syrup without compromising on the indulgence. These better-for-you buckeyes are just as rich and creamy, dipped in dark chocolate and decorated with festive sprinkles for a no bake, vegan, and gluten-free treat.
These are super easy to make and only 5 ingredients to throw these together. Not to mention they are great to make ahead of time to take a little holiday baking stress off. You can store them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months! Since most of us will be celebrating the Holidays differently this year, so these make for a fun activity with your family and a great door drop-off gift💕
Ingredients you'll need:
- Peanut Butter
- Our most important ingredient! We recommend using Georgia Grinders Creamy Peanut Butter which has no added sugars, oils, preservatives, etc. Just made with Georgia grown peanuts and a dash of sea salt 🥜
- Joolies Medjool Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form!
- Coconut flour
- This helps to thicken the batter to mimic the texture of the traditional peanut butter buckeyes. You can swap for almond flour, but you might need to add a bit more to create the right consistency.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Adding a little bit of this into our melted chocolate helps keep it from drying out and allows it to harden faster when placed in the freezer! Plus coconut oil also contains healthy fatty acids called MCTs which promote brain function.
- This helps compliment the other flavors.
- Peanut Butter
If you make this holiday treat, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able date recipe recreations! And you can always comment below!
Other Holiday Treats You'll love:
- Christmas Crack
- Gingerbread Bars
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Joolies Love Handles