Ingredients you'll need:
- Gluten-Free Oats
- We recommend using raw almonds to avoid any added oils or salt! It also supports a healthy gut, Omega-3 levels, and help control blood sugar levels thanks to its slow-digesting properties 👏
- Cocoa Powder
- This is where we get our yummy chocolate flavor from, of course! You can substitute for raw cacao powder if needed, but it is a little bitter. Regardless, you'll get an awesome pump of antioxidants!
- Joolies Cocoa Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. A decadent, vegan chocolate syrup that will remind you of indulgent Hersey's syrup. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form!
- Coconut Oil
- You want this to be softened for the coconut filling, so briefly pop in the microwave (like 3-5 seconds).
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- If you only have sweetened coconut on hand, just reduce the amount of date or maple syrup you add into the coconut layer.
- Coconut Milk
- An important part of the coconut layer! Be sure to use the full-fat version to get the creamy texture of a bounty bar we all love!
- Peppermint Extract
- All you need is a dash to get a hint of mint!
- Chocolate Chips
How To Store
These peppermint coconut bars are best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container and served chilled. They can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
You can also store the bars in the freezer within an airtight container. Lay them out on a sheet to initially freeze, then pop into a freezer-friendly container so they they won't stick to one another for one months.