These Salted Peanut Butter Caramel Bars from @dadaeats new cookbook are made with good-for-you ingredients and sweetened naturally with medjool dates!
Our sweet friend and date lover Samah Dada @dadaeats on IG just released her first cookbook LOVE TO COOK IT full of yummy plant-based recipes (many sweetened with Joolies dates) that everyone will love! We're giving you a sneak peak at one of the many decadent date-sweetened desserts Samah has included exclusively in her cookbook.
These Salted Peanut Butter Caramel Bars are the dessert of your dreams😍Layered with a shortbread crust, silky peanut butter date caramel and a thick top layer of dark chocolate🍫This sweet treat is gluten-free, plant-based, and refined sugar-free. For the luscious caramel layer, all you need are a few simple ingredients: medjool dates, peanut butter, nut milk, and coconut oil! You can also check out a step-by-step tutorial from the date queen herself here.
Out of dark chocolate for this date recipe? No problem! Just combine 1/4 cup melted coconut oil + 1/4 cup cocoa powder + 3 tbsp Joolies Date syrup + 1/2 cup vanilla extract and voila you've got yourself some date-sweetened chocolate!
Here are the main ingredients you need:
- Joolies Dates
- AKA nature's candy! The natural sweetness and super caramel-y characteristic of medjool dates creates a silky smooth caramel filling for the bars.
- Almond and Coconut Flour
- Using both these flours keeps this sweet treat gluten-free and creates the desired consistency for the shortbread crust.
- Peanut Butter
- What's a peanut butter bar without the pb?! We recommend using a PB that has no added oils or sugars in it.
- Coconut Oil
- Being such a versatile ingredient, coconut oil is essential here to creating the perfect texture and flavor.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers like Enjoy Life, Hu Kitchen, or Eating Evolved.
- Joolies Dates
If you make Samah's decadent sweet treat, share with us on social! Be sure to tag @dadaeats and us, on Instagram so we can see all your date-able recreations!