These Vegan Cookie Dough Bites are gluten-free, dairy-free, sweetened naturally with dates, dipped in dark chocolate and garnished with flakey sea salt for the perfect sweet treat.
We'd like to personally apologize for how insanely delicious and easy to make these Vegan Cookie Dough Bites are! Made with 6 simple ingredients, these bites are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and contain no refined-sugar but are naturally sweetened with our medjool date syrup! Don't let the total time scare you away from this no-bake dessert--only 15 minutes of work is required! The rest of the time is waiting for the bites to chill (which will require a bit of patience😉).
The edible cookie dough is phenomenal just on its own, but dip it in silky smooth dark chocolate🍫 then sprinkle with flakey sea salt? Oh it's GAME O-V-E-R😵 To make this date recipe even quicker, you can leave out the dipping in chocolate part, but we highly recommend including the chocolate dipping part🥰 Since these bites keep so well in the freezer, they are great to have on hand when you're craving something sweet or have an impromptu date night and need to pop out the movie snacks🍿🍭🍪
Ingredients you'll need:
- Peanut Butter
- Joolies Medjool Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form!
- Almond flour
- This thickens the dough to create the perfect cookie dough texture. You can swap for coconut flour, but you won't need as much since coconut flour naturally absorbs a ton of liquid.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- The final ingredient that brings it all together. We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers or artificial sweeteners (it takes longer to melt and isn't great for your body either) like Hu Kitchen, Eating Evolved, or SoChatti. Natural chocolate is always the way to go for either bakes as well!
- Coconut Oil
- Adding a little bit of this into our melted chocolate helps keep it from drying out and allows it to harden faster when placed in the freezer! Plus coconut oil also contains healthy fatty acids called MCTs which promote brain function.
- Vanilla and Sea Salt
- These compliment the other flavors and adding a sprinkle of flakey sea salt on top elevates the sweet and salty combo.
If you make this sweet and salty treat, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!