Easter is almost here and we all can probably agree that one of the best candies is Reese's peanut butter eggs😍 While they are quite the decadent treat, they also have a bunch of junk ingredients🙄 We re-created this classic candy into a healthier version with just as much indulgence (if not more😉). Since most of us will be celebrating at home this year, this makes for a fun activity with your family and a great item for a "door drop-off" to spread the love.
These simple peanut butter eggs are vegan and contain no refined-sugar but are naturally sweetened with our medjool date syrup!
All you need are FOUR ingredients to make this fun and healthy treat:
- Peanut Butter
- What's a Reese's without peanut butter? We recommend using a PB that has no added oils or sugars in it like 365 brand, Wild Friends, or Georgia Grinders. If you have a peanut allergy, no worries, this recipe is still for you! Just swap out the PB for an almond, cashew, or sunflower butter.
- Joolies Medjool Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Plus you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form.
- Coconut flour
- This helps to thicken the batter so you can easily mold into egg shapes. You can swap for almond flour, but you might need to add a bit more to bind everything.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- The final ingredient that brings it all together. We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers (it takes longer to melt) like Hu Kitchen, Eating Evolved, or SoChatti.
- Peanut Butter
If you make this party favorite recipe, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!