A healthy candy bar that actually tastes like a candy bar? Is that even possible? YES it absolutely is and we're here to show you just how easy these Healthy Paleo Twix bars are to make (and how they won't last a day in your kitchen)! Just look at those layers 😍
This better-for-you Twix bar is not just paleo, but also vegan and refined sugar-free, with medjool dates being the only natural sweetener. For the luscious caramel layer, we used our vegan Medjool Date Caramel, which is made up of only three ingredients: medjool dates, nut milk, and vanilla extract! We love making up a big batch of it to create different sweet treats, so if you haven't made it yet, this your moment! Plus, it makes a great dessert dip for fruit🍎
If you happen to be out of chocolate chips or prefer to save your delicious chocolate bar for solo snacking, you can make your own chocolate topping. Just combine 1/4 cup melted coconut oil + 1/4 cup cocoa powder + 3 tbsp Joolies Date syrup + 1/2 cup vanilla extract and voila!
What all goes into this healthy candy bar? Here are the main ingredients you need:
- Joolies Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Plus you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form.
- Coconut and Cassava Flour
- It's important to use two different flours to get the desired consistency. You can substitute the cassava flour with almond flour, but we don't recommend substituting the coconut.
- Almond Butter
- This helps give the caramel layer the rich texture we all love in a Twix bar. You can substitute with another nut or seed butter if needed.
- Medjool Date Caramel
- This 3 ingredient vegan caramel adds sweetness and creates the beautiful caramel flavor that we all love from Twix bars! All you need is 15 minutes to make it. Click here for the recipe.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers like Enjoy Life, Hu Kitchen, or Eating Evolved.
- Joolies Date Syrup
If you make this delicious drink, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!