This delicious paleo chocolate mug cake is made with coconut flour and sweetened with medjool dates! A rich and chocolatey dessert that is bound to become your favorite lazy treat!
When it’s 9 pm and you get a hardcore craving for chocolate cake...whip up this Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Mug Cake in less than two minutes for an individual chocolate cake the size of a cupcake🍰 And it's one that you can feel good about too! Sweetened only with Joolies date syrup, this single serve cake tastes like an indulgent treat without all the junk!
This date recipe is super quick and easy to make and it even makes for a great breakfast (who doesn't like dessert for breakfast?!) or afternoon snack when that sweet tooth kicks in. If you prefer the oven over a microwave, no worries we have you covered! Just pop it in at 350 for 15-20 minutes and voila!
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies Date Syrup
- Even though the dates are heated down into a delicious syrup, this doesn't mean you lose any of the vitamins or minerals...hooray! If you're new to using date syrup or a little worried on your baking skills, we just posted a new blog on using syrup in all of your baking adventures. Check it out here!
- Coconut Flour
- A little bit goes a long way! Since coconut flour is high in fiber, it's super absorbent--if your cake batter seems too thick, add in extra dairy-free milk. You can swap for almond flour, but you might need to add a bit more to bind everything.
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Oil
- You want this to be melted, so pop it into the microwave for 40ish seconds then pour directly into the mix. As an alternative, you can use avocado oil.
- This adds structure to the mug cake plus adding some more protein, healthy fat, and vitamins. We recommend using pasture raised eggs so you get that beautiful golden yolk that is full of healthy Omega-3s, choline, and good cholesterol 🍳
- Dairy-Free Milk
- We went with a yummy coconut milk for this one, but use whatever floats your boat! There's oat, almond, macadamia, or other blends that work just the same.
- Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Joolies Date Syrup