These Cold Brew Coffee Overnight Oats are the fuel you need to start the day! Made with simple ingredients and naturally sweetened dates for an easy on-the-go breakfast!
Whether you're back in school, crunched for time in the morning, or just tired of grabbing the same old granola bar for a mediocre breakfast, these Cold Brew Coffee Overnight Oats will blow👏your👏mind👏and you'll start to wonder where this recipe has been all your life😉 Made with gluten-free oats, Kaffa Organic Coffee, and naturally sweetened with Joolies Date Syrup for a deliciously easy vegan breakfast (or snack)!
What exactly are overnight oats?
They are a no-cook version of oatmeal. Instead of cooking your oats in the microwave or stovetop, you add everything together in a jar, shake it up real good then place it in the fridge overnight to thicken up. In the morning all you have to is grab a spoon and devour👅
Why overnight oats are so great
- Easy to make ahead and/or meal prep! In just a few minutes, you'll have breakfast all ready to grab and go in the morning. Plus, they also keep great throughout the week, so you can prep several at a time.
- They are 100% customizable. If you have dietary preferences, you can easily swap out ingredients (it's extremely hard to mess up this recipe). There are so many flavor combinations you can experiment with to satisfy your taste buds.
- Easier to digest. Oats contain a lot of phytic acid which prevents the absorption of nutrients like calcium, magnesium, iron, etc. Soaking your oats reduces the amount of phytic acid, making it easier for your body to absorb the nutrients. Read more here.
- They are DELICIOUS. Creamy, dreamy, and fulfilling to keep you satisfied and fueled for the day.
Ingredients in these oats:
- Gluten-Free Oats
- We recommend using quick or rolled oats to create the creamy texture. Some of our favorite gluten-free oat brands are Thrive Market and Bob's Red Mill
- Joolies Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form. How convenient!
- Joolies Pitted Dates
- Medjool dates add lil sweet caramel-y bites, while packing in good nutrients like magnesium, potassium, antioxidants and more.
- Almond Butter
- This makes the oats thick and creamy! Feel free to swap out for different nut or seed butter. We love Hungry Root Superfood Almond Butter and Seedible Creamy Sesame Butter for a nut-free option!
- Kaffa Organic Coffee
- We can't forget the coffee! On the day you prep these, make a little extra coffee in your morning pot and use the leftover to add into the oats! We love Kaffa coffee, which is grown without the use of herbicides, fungicides, pesticides or chemical fertilizers (just like Joolies)!
- Chia Seeds
- These help to thicken the oats while also being a great source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- Dairy-Free Milk
- To keep it vegan, we went with an oat milk, but any dairy-free milk will work perfectly. If you're out of milk, you can substitute with water, it just won't be as creamy.
- Vanilla and Cinnamon
- These help to compliment the other flavors!
- Gluten-Free Oats
- Protein Powder
- If you're wanting a bit more protein in the morning, just add in your favorite protein powder (or collagen peptides). Note: you may need to add in a bit more liquid.
- Fresh Fruit
- Throw some blueberries, banana slices, or fresh figs for a little something extra.
- Aka, pumpkin seeds! Pepitas are a great source of magnesium, iron, antioxidants and much more. You can read more about the benefits of pepitas here.
- Protein Powder