You can make ice cream out of sweet potato? Heck yeah! Combine some sweet potato, coconut cream, date syrup, vanilla extract, and vegan caramel to create this diet-friendly delight.Can’t buy me love but you can buy me ice creamvegan snickers ice cream with a date caramel swirl that is😉 This no-churn homemade ice cream has a sweet potato base, with a swirl of creamy date caramel and crunchy peanuts and chocolate chips throughout. Plus this date recipe is refined sugar free, gluten-free, and vegan! It doesn't get any better than that!
Ingredients you'll need:
- Sweet Potato
- Who thought a potato would make a wonderful base for ice cream! Remember, cook and skin the potato before blending...this ain't mashed potatoes 😂
- Coconut Cream
- This thiccc cream helps give the dip a little more structure, in combo with the dates, of course. Plus, coconut is just delicious all by itself and great for other baking adventures!
- Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Don't know how to make caramel sauce? All good! We created this recipe just for you...and it's super easy to create! Find it here: How to Make Vegan Caramel Sauce.
- Vanilla Extract
- This little addition adds more flavor while enhancing the other flavors in our recipe! Technically, you can go without it, but it's just so much more worth it to go to the store and spend the cash on a good vanilla. It's like baking banana bread without vanilla, it simply isn't the same without it!
- Joolies Medjool Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form! Instead of all that yucky sugar and preservatives in the traditional Reese's, we use date syrup for a kick of sweetness without the gross stuff!
- Sweet Potato
- All the toppings
- Ice cream is great on its own, but they become infinitely better with some scrumptious toppings—berries, whipped cream, sprinkles, fried chicken, bacon, bananas, cinnamon, nut butter, eggs, bacon, and so much more!
If you make this party your favorite recipe, be sure to tag us on and @jooliesdates and use hashtag #jooliesdates so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!