If you're tired of boring white rice, need a tasty side-dish, or want to have new food experiences, this recipe is for you! While we'll still need the *boring white rice,* it'll be serving as the base for our dish, not as the main attraction. To create a dynamic flavor profile and textures, we'll need a few simple ingredients, which we'll break down next.
You'll need a crunch, a fresh herb, a soft and sweet. Sounds pretty simple right? Well good! It's should be😊For a crunch, shelled pistachios are the star here. When it comes to adding herbs to dishes, fresh is always the way to go. We'll be adding in fresh dill here. To cover our last two bases of soft and sweet, Joolies medjool dates do it all😍 They add a yummy natural sweetness with their soft and chewy texture.
- Basmati Rice
- This long grain rice is aromatic and fluffs so nicely. Feel free to swap for a different grain of your choice.
- Joolies Dates
- Even though dates are typically used in sweet dishes, they add a richer flavor profile to savory dishes, becoming more caramel-like when warmed.
- Olive Oil
- This adds healthy fats, antioxidants, and extra moisture to this dish. Feel free to substitute with avocado oil.
- Joolies Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed to balance out the other salty + bitter ingredients. Plus you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form.
- Grab a bundle of fresh dill in the produce area at the grocery (not the dried kind in the seasoning section). Fresh adds brighter flavor.
- Dried Cherries
- This dehydrated fruit is abundant in Vitamin A, antioxidants and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Adds a great crunchy texture to break up the softer ingredients. Feel free to substitute with pumpkin seeds or almonds,
- Sea salt + pepper
- This enhances the other flavors we've got going on!
- Basmati Rice
Pair with these yummy date recipes