For an easy dish that looks impressive, try this Oven-Roasted Orange Chicken with Dates dinner on for size. The combo of the naturally sweet medjool dates and the salty olives make this dinner oh so satisfying. Using 100% orange juice and Joolies date syrup as a flavoring makes this dish absolutely crave-able with no added sugars.
This protein-rich dish pairs perfectly with a Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Date Lemon Vinaigrette and Basmati Rice with Dates, Dill, and Dried Cherries for a well-balanced 3-course meal.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Chicken Thighs
- The main source of protein in this dish. We recommend using bone-in chicken thighs for a deeper, meatier flavor.
- Orange Juice
- Make sure you use 100% orange juice to avoid any added refined sugars.
- Olive Oil
- This healthy fat provides moisture and better heat transfer during the cooking process. Plus it's peppery qualities compliments the chicken.
- Joolies Date Syrup
- Adding a little bit of this natural sweetener balances out the salty and savory ingredients. Plus you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form.
- It's not just for sweets! Adding ground cinnamon into this savory dish helps to balance the richness of unctuous meat.
- Green Olives
- This type of olive is considered the "snack" olive of Italy for its buttery, mild sweet flavor. If olives just aren't your thing, feel free to substitute with capers, artichokes, or just omit!
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Don't sweat the name--we're not roasting peppers today! Just grab a jar of roasted red peppers for a time-saver.
- Be sure to grab a fresh spruce of this earthy herb for richer, fresher flavor.
- Sea salt + pepper
- This enhances the other flavors we've got going on!
- Chicken Thighs
If you make this delicious main course, be sure to tag us on @jooliesdates and use the hashtag #jooliesdates so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
Pair with these yummy recipes