Truffles are made with a chocolate ganache filling, which is made up of chocolate and cream, but we're switching a few things up to make these vegan, paleo, refined sugar-free, and 100% delicious 👅 All you need are a few simple ingredients to make a batch of these fudgy truffles.
The two star ingredients here are Joolies Cocoa Date Syrup and Joi Almond Nutbase. You might be wondering, isn't that just like almond butter? Nope! This is an almond nutbase, with one ingredient: blanched California almonds. Blanched almonds have had the skin removed, which affects the flavor and aesthetic. By removing the skins, the almonds will have a less bitter and dry feeling, which makes it the perfect base for our truffles. You can check out our friends on social @addjoi 😊
Why these truffles are so great
- Contain no refined sugar, but are naturally sweetened with Joolies date syrup.
- With the holiday's coming up, they make a perfect gift or addition to your holiday spread.
- Give you indulgence without the sugar hangover.
- Easy to make! You don't have to be a baker or cook to nail this one😉
Ingredients you'll need:
- Coconut Milk
- It's important to get the full-fat version to get the creaminess we all love. Be sure to use the cream and water when adding to the saucepan.
- Joolies Cocoa Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. A decadent, vegan chocolate syrup that will remind you of indulgent Hersey's syrup. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form!
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Joi Almond Nutbase
- This serves as part of the base to our truffles without an overbearing almond flavor and helps create the fudgy texture.
- Coconut Oil
- Adding a little bit of this into the filling and coating will create that rich and decadent texture. Plus coconut oil also contains healthy fatty acids called MCTs which promote brain function.
- Cocoa Powder
- Cacao Nibs + Flakey Sea Salt
- These are just the cherry on top for a little extra something! Sprinkles would also be a fun topping.
- Coconut Milk
If you make this decadent dessert, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
Other Chocolatey Sweets You'll love: