We took this classic dessert and put a Joolies spin on it, making it paleo, grain-free, and date-sweetened with Joolies date syrup. Don't sweat it if you're not a baker, this recipe is easy to follow and make--you only need one bowl to whip these decadent treats!
Tips and Tricks for these Cookies
- Use finely ground almond meal to create the right texture (it will be super gritty if not).
- Make sure your egg is room temperature so the batter will mix evenly.
- Use refined coconut oil, not unrefined to avoid an unwanted coconut flavor.
- Chill the dough for at least 20 minutes
- Don't over bake! The cookies will continue to bake once removed from the oven so keep this in mind.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Even though the dates are heated down into a delicious syrup, this doesn't mean you lose any of the vitamins or minerals...hooray! If you're new to using date syrup or a little worried on your baking skills, we just posted a new blog on using syrup in all of your baking adventures. Check it out here!
- Joi Cashew Nutbase
- This is super creamy and neutral, which gives the cookie great texture without any nutty flavor. You can substitute with a creamy almond butter if needed.
- Coconut Oil
- You want this to be softened, not melted! Melting the coconut oil will cause the cookies to turn out super flat. As an alternative you can use butter or a vegan butter.
- This is the major source of moisture in this recipe and is the main component to binding the ingredients together to create the perfect chewy cookie texture.
- Almond Flour
- This acts as a great thickener which will give us that perfect cookie dough texture!
- Tapioca Flour
- This helps bind gluten free recipes and gets the desired texture of our chewy cookies.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Baking Soda
- Despite being such a small ingredient, this is essential to getting the cookies bake up!
- Vanilla + Sea Salt
- These will help compliment and bring out the other flavors!
- Joolies Date Syrup
If you make this decadent dessert, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
Other Cookies You'll love: