These vegan s'mores brownies are naturally sweetened with medjool dates and completely flourless for a better-for-you dessert that tastes decadent dream.
An easy dessert? Yes please. An easy dessert that tastes oh-so-decadent but is actually better-for-you? Yes PRETTY please! Say hello to ultra chocolate-y Vegan S'mores Brownies👋🍫😍 A gooey, fudgy brownie base that is naturally sweetened with medjool dates and requires no flour. Yes you read that right--these brownies are flourless (of both the gluten and gluten-free kinds)!
You might be wondering...well how are they going to rise without flour? Que in the almond butter and baking soda. These two ingredients work together as a team to give the brownies a slow rise for a nice fluff! So don't skimp on the baking soda...unless you prefer flat dense brownies😂
Why these brownies are so great:
- They require only 5 simple ingredients and minimal effort.
- Taste like a decadent dessert and contain no refined sugar, but are solely sweetened with medjool dates.
- Quick to whip up when you're in need of a party treat or just something chocolate🍫
- Fluffy, moist, and gooey despite being completely flourless.
- Perfect dressed up or dressed down for an after dinner sweet you can feel good about.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Almond Butter
- Since we're working with no flour in this recipe, the almond butter acts
- Joolies Medjool Dates
- The only natural sweetener needed in our brownies! Don't forget to soak in warm water first! Why soak them? Well while they are juicy beforehand, this step allows them to become extra-hydrated to create the perfect fudgy texture.
- Cocoa Powder
- This is where we get that yummy chocolate flavor from, of course! You can substitute for raw cacao powder if needed, but it is a little bitter. Regardless, you'll get an awesome pump of antioxidants!
- You can't have a s'more without a marshmallow! No matter if you love a light golden toasted marshmallow or a crispy one, you still get that melty marshmallow goodness!
- Dark Chocolate
- We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers or artificial sweeteners (it takes longer to melt and isn't great for your body either) like Hu Kitchen, Eating Evolved, or SoChatti. Natural chocolate is always the way to go for either bakes as well!
- Baking Soda
- This small ingredient is crucial to getting the brownies to rise and have a nice balance of fluffy + gooey texture.
- Vanilla + Sea Salt
- These will help compliment and bring out the other flavors!
- Almond Butter
If you make this decadent date recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram and Pinterest and use the hashtag #jooliesdates so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
Other Sweets You'll love:
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
- Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Healthy Paleo Twix Bars