Satisfy your sweet tooth with this no bake Date Bark that is vegan, gluten-free, and guilt-free, made from nature's candy, medjool dates. Layered with peanut butter, crunchy peanuts and draped in luscious dark chocolate.
You might have seen the Viral Date Bark floating around the internet and I'm here to say it is an easy, delectable sweet treat that will easily become a lazy girl's bff. This no bake treat is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and made with four simple ingredients. It's like an undressed stuffed date--now that is sexy🥵
Just like stuffed dates, the flavor combinations for date bark knows no bounds! Made to match what ever mood you are in, let your palate take the driver's seat! Today, we're going with a snickers style date bark, which is basically our Snickers Stuffed Dates undressed. I'm a firm believer that medjool dates are the magic ingredient when it comes to creating classic candies into better-for-you versions--that actually tastes like the real deal.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies Medjool Dates
- The most important ingredient here--adding that caramel-y element while adding a slew of nutritional benefits. We love using our pitted option for these, but whole work just as well! Just be sure to remove the pit😉
- Peanut Butter
- Roasted Peanuts
- This adds a nice salty crunch just like snickers bars have. Feel free to swap for a different nut or seed to your preference.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- This is the top layer that coalesces everything together! We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers or artificial sweeteners (it takes longer to melt and isn't great for your body either) like Hu Kitchen or Eating Evolved. Natural chocolate is always the way to go for either bakes as well!
- Coconut Oil
- Adding a little bit of this into our melted chocolate helps keep it from drying out and allows it to harden faster when placed in the freezer! Plus coconut oil also contains healthy fatty acids called MCTs which promote brain function.
- Flakey Sea Salt
- Adding a sprinkle of flakey sea salt on top elevates the delicious sweet and salty combo.
- Joolies Medjool Dates
If you make this sweet and salty, date-sweetened treat, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
More No Bake Treats You'll Love
- Lazy Chocolate Turtles
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- Snickers Stuffed Dates
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes
- Almond Joy Stuffed Dates