These balsamic strawberry crostini's make for a simple and delicious plant-based appetizer that comes together in minutes!
Whether you're getting ready for wine night, movie night, or hosting a party, these Balsamic Strawberry Crostini's will level up your appetizer spread and have everyone coming back for more. We teamed up with Spero Foods to bring you a delicious, plant-based appetizer that is easy to make and comes together in minutes--no prep work needed! Whew!
You might be wondering what exactly is crostini? Crostini hails from Italy and literally means "little crusts" in Italian. Small slices of grilled or toasted bread, this Italian appetizer has exponential topping options and flavor combos!
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies date syrup
- The sole natural sweetener needed to add a touch of sweetness to the balsamic strawberry mixture, bringing all the flavors together. Made with only ONE ingredient: upcycled medjool dates and you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form.
- Making fresh crostini at home is incredibly easy and more affordable! Grab one of these in the bakery section at your local grocery.
- Spero Foods Vegan Goat Cheese
- This plant-based cheese is made with only simple, REAL ingredients and is nut-free! The base is made from sunflower seeds which is better for the earth 🌱
- Fresh Strawberries
- Balsamic Vinegar
- This adds a tangy, sweet flavor to the topping that really compliments the strawberries and date syrup.
- Lemon zest
- Zest, not juice! The peel holds the fruit’s essential oils, which add a bright, sweet flavor unlike lemon juice which adds a tart, acidic flavor.
- Olive Oil
- A little brush of this over the mini toasts to get the perfect toasted crisp. Feel free to swap with avocado oil or vegan butter.
- Joolies date syrup
If you make this delicious appetizer, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
More Date-able Appetizers
- Date Pecan Cheese Ball
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- Roasted Squash Salad with Date Balsamic Dressing
- Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- Date Caramel Dip