These No-Bake Chocolate Almond Cookie Bars are easy to make with just 6 simple ingredients and sweetened naturally with medjool dates for a vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free treat!
Okay we know "cookie" makes these bars sound like dessert (and they most definitely are a sweet treat) but these bars fit in more than one meal category😉 When the ingredients are as simple, wholesome, and nutritious as these, dessert is also a snack is also breakfast haha.
The base of these bars resembles a cookie dough-like consistency and definitely satisfies that cookie dough craving. This yummy cookie dough-like base gets is texture and flavor from the delicious combination of Joolies Medjool Dates, creamy almond butter, almond flour, coconut oil, and vanilla.
When it comes to picking between refined and unrefined coconut oil, we went with refined since it doesn't have any coconut flavor so the almond flavor can really shine. To add a bit more chocolate-ness to is, you can add in a little bit of dark chocolate chips into the base--which we highly recommend😉 Bringing it all together, our almond cookie base gets a dark chocolate topping with chopped almonds for an added crunch factor and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt if that's your jam!
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies Medjool Dates
- The only natural sweetener needed that's low glycemic and packs in good nutrients like magnesium, potassium, antioxidants and more!
- Almond Butter
- The stickiness of the almond butter helps to bind everything together so we avoid a crumbly mess.
- Almond flour
- This helps us achieve the perfect texture of our bars while adding a hint more of almond flavor. You can swap for coconut flour, but you might need to add lees since coconut flour is so absorbent and it will add a coconut flavor.
- Vanilla + Sea salt
- Both of these ingredients help to compliment other flavors!
- These add a delicious crunch factor and also supports a healthy gut, Omega-3 levels, and help control blood sugar levels thanks to its slow-digesting properties 👏
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- The coating that brings it all together. We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers or artificial sweeteners. Some of our favorites are Hu Kitchen, or Enjoy Life Foods.
- Coconut Oil
- Adding a little bit of this into our melted chocolate thins it so the chocolate layer doesn't get too thick...we don't want a chipped tooth!
- Joolies Medjool Dates
If you make this easy, sweet date snack, be sure to tag us on Instagram and Pinterest so we can see all your date-able date recipe recreations! And you can always comment below!
More Chocolate Recipes You'll Love:
- Homemade Vegan Almond Joys
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Paleo Double Chocolate Mug Cake
- Vegan S'mores Brownies
- Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels