Chocolate cups filled with fresh homemade chia seed jam made with 4 simple ingredients! This quick and easy sweet treat is vegan, gluten free, nut free, and sweetened with dates.
For a fun, fruity twist on the classic peanut butter cup, we added our deliciously easy chia seed jam for the filling! The decadent dark chocolate balances out the sweet-tartness of the fruity jam. Plus, this easy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and refined sugar-free!
The Chia Seed Jam requires minimal effort, just like the ingredients it is made with...minimal--unlike store-bought jams/jellies that are loaded with added sugars, high fructose corn syrup, etc. Rather than using refined sugar as the thickener, chia seeds act as a phenomenal thickener plus they have incredible health benefits being a superb source of omega 3-fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, and a 20% protein content.
You could make peanut butter and jelly cups by adding a layer of your favorite peanut butter to the bottom of each cup before adding the chia jam! Also, you could swirl in some peanut butter with the top chocolate layer before popping them in the freezer for a little extra pizzazz!
If you don't have a silicone mold, no problem! Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners for a no mess, easy clean up alternative. We don't recommend just sitting cupcake liners on a plate as the chocolate will expand as it hardens and the circular shape will warp!
Ingredients you'll need:
- Easy Chia Seed Jam
- Made with fresh or frozen fruit, chia seeds, lemon juice and sweetened naturally with Joolies date syrup. Click here for the recipe.
- Dark Chocolate
- We recommend using a dark chocolate without fillers or artificial sweeteners (it takes longer to melt and isn't great for your body either) like Hu Kitchen, Eating Evolved. Natural chocolate is always the way to go!
- Coconut Oil
- Adding a little bit of this into our melted chocolate helps thin out the chocolate to make pouring/dipping easier and allows it to harden faster when placed in the freezer! Plus coconut oil also contains healthy fatty acids called MCTs which promote brain function.
- Easy Chia Seed Jam
If you make this easy sweet treat date recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram and Pinterest so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
More Recipes You'll Love
- Lazy Chocolate Turtles
- Copycat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- PB&J Stuffed Dates
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
- Funfetti Cake Energy Bites