Loaded with fall flavor, these Baked Cinnamon Apples are a simple, easy seasonal treat, made without refined sugar for the perfect healthy snack or dessert during the fall and holiday season. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free.
With the leaves starting to change, painting the world in autumnal colors and the newfound chill in the air bring a culmination of inspiration to get in the kitchen and dust off that apron. While I am never one to turn down a warm slice of pumpkin bread, baked goods can get tedious and time-consuming. For those moments when you crave cozy but also ease, these Easy Baked Cinnamon Apples are the answer--it's like apple pie without the crust...what's not to love!
No, these weren't made with an Easy-Bake oven but they are every bit as simple to make as if they were. With just a few basic ingredients, these baked cinnamon apples are naturally sweetened with Joolies date syrup and made with coconut oil instead of butter, keeping it dairy free too. One thing I especially love about these easy cinnamon apples is how they can be enjoyed in numerous ways! Not to mention how cozy and delicious they will leave your home smelling!
Ways to enjoy:
- Solo for a simple, healthy fall snack or side dish.
- Mixed in a warm bowl of oatmeal for an extra cozy breakfast.
- Topping on a stack of fluffy pancakes or french toast for a fall twist.
- Served with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a more indulgent option.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. The sweet, caramel flavor of a fresh medjool date is like no other and when heated, it creates this delicious glaze. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form!
- Honeycrisp Apples
- The tartness to sweetness ratio in honeycrisp apples is just perfect but feel free to use your favorite kind of crisp apple like granny smith, pink lady, golden delicious, etc.
- Tapioca Starch
- Also called tapioca flour, is a natural thickening agent that will create the perfect consistency for the sauce. If needed, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of cornstarch for every 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch.
- Coconut Oil
- Make sure to use refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste unlike unrefined. Butter or ghee can be used as a substitution for just as delicious results.
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh lemons bring the best flavor, so grab a few and start juicing 🍋 but if you have to opt for bottled lemon juice make sure it is 100% lemon juice.
- The cinnamon adds an extra layer of cozy flavor while the salt brings it all together!
- Joolies Date Syrup
If you make this fall-inspired sweet snack, be sure to tag us on @jooliesdates and use the hashtag #jooliesdates so we can see all your date-able date recipe recreations! And you can always comment below!
Other Cozy Recipes You'll Love
- Glazed Roasted Carrots with Dates and Pistachios
- Pumpkin Spice Oat Bars
- Pecan Pie Energy Bites
- Rosemary Date Cornbread
- Paleo Pumpkin Date Bread