These Peach Crisp Ice Cream bars are bright and flavorsome, with a chewy pecan coconut + date crust and creamy ice cream made from cashews, coconut milk, peaches, naturally sweetened with date syrup. A refreshing no bake treat that will add a little sunshine to your day. Vegan, Paleo, Refined Sugar-Free.
Biting into a fresh, juicy, ripened to perfection peach on a warm summer's day, preferably while sitting on the beach breathing in the salty sea air...okay now how bad to you want a peach?🙊🍑 I know, I know, fall is basically here...just step into any Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Trader Joe's and it's pumpkin GALORE! But before delving into the snuggly pumpkin season, I have just oneeee more summer-y recipe so indulge me!
It's hard to beat a juicy peach and some might say it's even harder to beat peach ice cream--homemade that is. Combining my abysmal love for fresh peaches and the sweetness of summer to create these scrumptious Peach Crisp Ice Cream Bars, made with wholesome ingredients, sweetened naturally with medjool dates, and is also gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and grain free. Don't worry, an ice cream maker is not required--this is no churn baby!
The crust is a MUST and honestly is a standalone stellar snack! Made with Joolies medjool dates, pecans, shredded coconut flakes, cinnamon and vanilla, this simple combo works together spectacularly, adding a little extra oomph! To create the creamy, ice cream "filling," we blend together a delicious combination of cashews, coconut cream, date syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla. You would never guess was made from nuts!
Ingredients for the crust:
- Joolies Pitted Dates
- The only natural sweetener needed. Don't forget to soak in warm water first! Why soak them? Well while they are juicy beforehand, this step allows them to become extra-hydrated to create the perfect texture for the crust so no extra water/milk needs to be added.
- Raw Pecans
- We recommend using raw pecans to avoid any added oils or salt! It also has one of the highest antioxidant levels in nuts, loaded with the good kind of fats (unsaturated), and help control blood sugar levels thanks to its slow-digesting properties 👏
- Shredded Coconut Flakes
- Its natural oils helps bind the crust together and adds touch of natural sweetness while also serving as a good source of healthy fats. Be sure to grab unsweetened coconut flakes, but if you only have sweetened coconut on hand, reduce the amount of date syrup you add into the ice cream layer.
- Cinnamon + Vanilla
- Adding these into the crust to enhance and bring the flavors together.
- Joolies Pitted Dates
Ingredients for the filling:
- Raw Cashews
- Be sure to soak these in filtered water for at least 2 hours beforehand. If you are soaking longer than 2 hours, place them in the fridge.
- Coconut Cream
- You can grab a can of coconut cream or a can of full-fat coconut milk and scoop out the thick creamy layer on top. It's important to get the full-fat version to get that creaminess we all love about ice cream.
- Joolies Date Syrup
- The one and only natural sweetener for our delicious ice cream--made with medjool dates!
- Fresh Peaches
- For the utmost fresh, sweet flavor, fresh peaches are a must. This is one of the few times where frozen or canned peaches simply won't do.
- Lemon Juice
- This acts as a natural preservative to extend the freshness and balances the flavors in the ice cream!
- Vanilla + Sea Salt
- These help to compliment the other flavors.
- Raw Cashews
If you make this summery treat, be sure to tag both of us on @edwardandsons and use the hashtag #jooliesdates so we can see all your date-able date recipe recreations! And you can always comment below! @jooliesdates and
More Recipes You'll Love
- Blueberry Crumble Pie
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- Funfetti Cake Energy Bites
- Homemade Vegan Almond Joys
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats