These savory goat cheese stuffed dates make for a quick and delicious appetizer! Topped with crunchy walnuts and pistachios, fresh thyme and a yummy drizzle of honey perfect for entertaining, snacking, and more. Gluten-Free and Vegetarian.
Entertaining guests? Or maybe just yourself? Because in all honesty, you don't always have to have a reason to throw a party or pamper yourself--do it just because you want! So if you're feeling fancy/need a mood-booster/need a tasty and impressive appetizer, look no further than to these Savory Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates.
The tart and tangy goat cheese pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness from the medjool dates. This appetizer is not only delicious, but chalked full of nutritional benefits! Medjool dates bring you more potassium than a banana oz for oz and serve as a natural source of energy⚡ But that's not all! You can check out the many wondrous benefits of dates here!
This is a no sweat appetizer that comes together in less than 10 minutes and will without a doubt impress guests. Who said impressive has to be complicated?😉 Plus, this is a recipe you can't mess up so have fun with the stuffings and toppings.
Why these stuffed dates are so great
- All you need are 6 simple ingredients to make these flavor bombs!
- Quick and easy to whip up, with no cooking required.
- You can easily prep these little bites ahead of time and store in the fridge until it's time to party!
- Naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, and can be made dairy-free.
- Perfect for elevating charcuterie and grazing boards.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies Pitted Dates
- You can't stuff a date without a date! We love using our pitted option for these, but whole work just as well! Just be sure to remove the pit as always 😉If you're running low on your stock of dates, you can buy some in bulk right here or in our 2 pack right here!
- Goat Cheese
- This soft, spreadable cheese is an ideal candidate for stuffing dates and for a fun fact, it's lower in lactose. If goat cheese isn't your vibe, swap for a feta cheese or ricotta. Dairy-free? No problem! Spero Foods vegan goat cheese and New Roots free the goat cheese are great alternatives for the same flavor and texture.
- Walnuts + Pistachios
- These add a lovely crunch and nutritional component as well. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fats and exceptionally rich in antioxidants. and pistachios are a great source of fiber and plant protein. You can totally swap for a different nut/seed of choice like almonds or pecans.
- A little drizzle of this brings everything together and enhances all the flavors. You can omit or swap for Joolies Date Syrup!
- Fresh Thyme
- This incredibly fragrant Mediterranean herb pairs well with cheese and really deepens the flavor profile of our savory stuffed date. Feel free to swap with fresh oregano or rosemary.
- Joolies Pitted Dates
If you make this easy party appetizer, be sure to tag us on Instagram and Pinterest so we can see all your date-able date recipe recreations! And you can always comment below!
More Appetizers You'll Love