These pumpkin spice peanut butter cups are made with wholesome ingredients and are naturally sweetened with medjool dates for a healthier candy option for trick-or-treating! Vegan, gluten-free, and 100% decadent.
It's no secret that we are fall-ing in love with all things pumpkin🎃Not only do we have a delicious Paleo Pumpkin Date Bread, but also Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Truffles, Pumpkin cookies and more! But the fun doesn't stop there! We've partnered with our nutty friends Georgia Grinders to bring you healthier (pumpkin) sweets for this trick-or-treat season🍭🍫🍬
We all love a good Reese's peanut butter (pumpkin-shaped) cup, but not all the additives and refined sugar in them. So we re-created this seasonal candy into a healthier version with just as much indulgence (if not more) and took it to the next level by making them Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cups. One bite of these will leave you saying "Reese's who?"
These simple peanut butter pumpkins are vegan, gluten-free, and contain no refined-sugar but are naturally sweetened with our medjool date syrup! Since most of us will be celebrating Halloween at home this year, this makes for a fun activity with your family and a great item for a "door drop-off" trick-or-treat💕
Ingredients you'll need:
- Peanut Butter
- What's a peanut butter cup without peanut butter? We recommend using Georgia Grinders Creamy Peanut Butter which has no added sugars, oils, preservatives, etc. Just made with Georgia grown peanuts and a dash of sea salt 🥜
- Joolies Medjool Date Syrup
- The only natural sweetener needed. Plus, you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form! Instead of all that yucky sugar and preservatives in the traditional Reese's, we use date syrup for a kick of sweetness without the gross stuff!
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants to help boost your immune system! Make sure you grab 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling 🎃
- Coconut flour
- This helps to thicken the batter to mimic the texture of the Reese's filling. You can swap for almond flour, but you might need to add a bit more to bind everything up. Coconut flour naturally absorbs a ton of liquid, which is why you need so little!
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Adding a little bit of this into our melted chocolate helps keep it from drying out and allows it to harden faster when placed in the freezer! Plus coconut oil also contains healthy fatty acids called MCTs which promote brain function.
- Pumpkin Pie Spices + Vanilla
- This is how you take PB cups up a notch. Grab cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger if you don't have a pre-made pumpkin pie spice. Vanilla will help compliment the other flavors.
- Peanut Butter
If you make this healthier candy, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
Other Sweets You'll love:
- Cookie Dough Stuffed Spiders
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Truffles
- Healthy Paleo Twix Bars
- Chocolate Date Caramel Cups