Ricotta avocado toast drizzled with date syrup makes for a ridiculously easy and ultra satisfying meal anytime of day! Vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan option.Word on the street is that ricotta toast is the new avocado toast 🥑…so why not have the best of both worlds? Ricotta toast seems to be taking the world by storm thanks to our friend TikTok😉 We decided to give this one a go, but with a delicious Joolies twist of course! So turn up your AC because things are about to get reaaaal toastie🔥
This date recipe is ridiculously easy and requires only 5 ingredients (or less depending on how much you want to dress up your toastie🍞). With the combination of the rich, creamy ricotta and freshly sliced avocado, a healthy drizzle of Joolies date syrup and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes elevates and enhances all the flavors. A dead-easy, ultra satisfying breakfast or snack...or lunch or dinner...really anytime...especially for the late night munchies😆
Ingredients you'll need:
- Joolies date syrup
- The sole natural sweetener needed to add a touch of sweetness to the balsamic strawberry mixture, bringing all the flavors together. Made with only ONE ingredient: upcycled medjool dates and you still maintain all the nutrient and health benefits of a medjool date in the syrup form.
- Sourdough Bread
- Of course any bread you have on hand will work, but if you can get your hands on some fresh sourdough bread we highly recommend😊For a gluten-free option, swap for your favorite gluten-free bread.
- Ricotta Cheese
- A rich, creamy soft cheese that is mildly sweet and super spreadable. For a vegan option, swap for a plant-based ricotta cheese.
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Add a little bit of *spice* into the mix. If spice just really isn't your thing, feel free to leave out!
- Sea Salt
- A nice sprinkle on top really accentuates the flavors. Flakey sea salt is our go to for this one!
- Joolies date syrup
If you make this deliciously easy toast, be sure to tag us on and so we can see all your date-able recreations! And you can always comment below!
More Easy Date Recipes
- Honey Cream Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Date Caramel Dip
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
- Balsamic Strawberry Crostini
- Caramel Apple Nachos